Hello, and welcome to the St. Louis Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants. The St. Louis chapter has been around since 1926 and currently includes 293 local members, 106 of which hold the designation of CMA (Certified Management Accountant).
I have had the privilege of working with members on the Board of Directors for roughly five years now, and I am honored to work with this team dedicated to providing quality opportunities for accountants in the St. Louis area. We strive to serve the St. Louis chapter to reach their goals via ongoing technical education, meeting like-minded professionals, and creating opportunities to serve within the community.
The best way to learn about our chapter and become an active participant is to attend one of our meetings. Our board meets almost monthly to plan the calendar and keep abreast of what is important to our members. (Please keep an eye on the Chapter News and Events tabs of our website, where we publicize upcoming meetings.) We rely on your feedback to ensure we are focused on services that are valuable to you. Whether or not you are able attend, we encourage you to reach out to us with any ideas, questions, or suggestions you have.
If you are an existing IMA member, here are some tips to getting the most of your membership:
- I invite you to review your profile information on file. You can do that from this chapter website via the Member LogIn tab at the top of this page or from the IMA Global website. Your chapter login information will be the same as for the IMA Global website.
- From the IMA Global website, make sure you have a Chapter identified on your profile (under My Membership). If you have moved since your original chapter was assigned, you can request a transfer to the St. Louis Chapter from that page.
- To make sure you receive emails from the local St. Louis chapter, please review the elections you have made under the Manage Email Subscriptions on your IMA Global account. The option “Local Events” must be checked under the Events and Continuing Education section to receive our emails. If you opt out of emails, please visit our chapter website often to stay abreast of new information.
- On your local chapter profile, take a look at your connections and communities. Feel free to ask questions within your groups or chime in on active discussions. Explore other communities that may be of interest. You never know who you’ll meet or what you’ll learn!
- Join us on LinkedIn and on Facebook.
- LinkedIn: St. Louis Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Facebook: Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) St. Louis Chapter
It has been an honor to get to meet several of you at our recent functions, and I hope to see you at a meeting or event soon!
Sarah Mocca, CMA
St. Louis Chapter President, 2019-2020